Vision and Valuesa
At Wimbledon Day Nursery we strive to create a happy community where learning is
fun. Children, parents and staff learn together and all develop to their maximum potential.
We believe children learn most effectively by using all their senses and through their own activity and first hand experiences. The learning environment is carefully planned so that children grow in independence and take increasing responsibility for themselves both indoors and out.
Each child is an individual and has needs that should be met in an atmosphere that celebrates diversity. Children need acceptance and approval in order to develop a positive concept of self and grow in confidence and self-esteem.
- To create a safe, secure and stimulating environment
- To encourage children to grow in confidence and self-esteem
- To create an environment where children can express choices, make decisions and grow in independence
- To plan activities that ensure each individual reaches their maximum potential in all areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum
- To encourage children to co-operate with and respect each other
- To support parents and careers in their role as educator and value their contribution
- To promote a brighter future for us all by developing the potential of the whole nursery community, children, parents and staff